Monday 13 April 2015

Camp Nanowrimo: Day 13

I HAVEN'T WORKED ON ANY OF IT SINCE FRIDAY!!! 

So... that's a thing. I was ahead and doing so well and now I've hit a wall where nothing wants to happen. The characters I wanted relationships with have been standoffish and the characters I didn't really care about have come running in guns blazing f$%*&@# shit up. The second problem I'm facing? I found out that I was writing towards a scene. It's one of those moments where I thought I had things figured out, only to find out that I in fact only had enough planned to get me to one of my bigger scenes. Now I have nothing, no idea of where to go and we're on a tight schedule here. So today is an exercise in crawling. 

Today will be a little bit different as I won't be posting random goals, it's more of a plan really to what I'm going to do today. Today is all about word count, we're going to write with the knowledge that yes, most of this may be deleted later, but for now I'll act like it's good! 

Day 13 Goals/ Plans

  • Crawl! First Crawl for the day will be The Pirate Adventure Crawl Part One to begin.
  • Break Time! Read a chapter of a book.
  • Crawl! Second Crawl for the day will be The Hunger Games Crawl
  • Break Time! Read a chapter of a book & eat dinner.
  • Crawl! Third Crawl of the day Complete Part Two of first crawl.
  • Break Time! Done for the day.
Feelings on this day 13:
I'll update later with my word count at the end of all of this. Hope you're all doing better on your novels than me! haha!

Update!

  1. My first crawl listed left me with a solid 1,476 words written. Though that's not as good as it could have been it's a hell of a lot better than the 77 words I wrote over the weekend. That's nearly a full day's worth of writing done in a short, quick crawl. If anyone's curious and is also doing the crawl I'm with captain Tack, though it was because I was kidnapped. I have a dagger and I got three shots of rum at the end. Yee haw! Break time :)
  2. I am currently done stage one and moving onto stage two adding almost another 1000 words onto my count. Another thousand and change and I should be caught back up. The wonders of crawls! Part way through stage two, I find myself passing the elusive 20K mark. One day's worth of writing left and I'll be completely caught up! (Isn't that crazy!) In other news, I feel like the wall I had hit is now completely gone. I'm heading into the final stage now, but at this rate, I'm not sure if I'll finish the other crawl today. 
I am calling an end to this day clocking in a solid 4108 words.
**Just got some family news and will not be completing another crawl tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment